Can you explode a multi body solid?
While a multibody part is exploded, you cannot add mates to it. You create exploded views in multibody parts by selecting and dragging solid bodies in the graphics area, creating one or more explode steps. You can copy exploded views from the active configuration to other configurations.
How do you add lines to exploded view solidworks?
Adding Explode Lines
- Click Explode Line Sketch (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Explode Line Sketch. The Explode Sketch toolbar appears. …
- Other 3D sketch tools (Sketch toolbar) All lines in an explode line sketch appear in phantom font.
- The sketch 3DExplode appears in the ConfigurationManager under Exploded View .
How do you fix exploded view in Solidworks?
Editing an Explode Step (Assemblies)
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.
What is meant by exploded drawing?
Exploded diagrams show how a product can be assembled and how the separate parts fit together, with dotted lines showing where the parts slide into place. … They are a graphical communication technique that shows the relationship between parts by separating them, as if there has been a small ‘explosion’ along an axis.
How do you create an exploded diagram?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
What does Ctrl Q Do in Solidworks?
Forced Rebuild (Ctrl+Q)
This Forced Rebuild will also rebuild any views on a drawing which have sketch entities or require rebuilding. Often a Ctrl+Q can fix some issues which are persist through the standard rebuild.
How do I edit explode lines in Solidworks?
You can edit an explode line sketch to add, delete, or change explode lines.
Editing an Explode Line Sketch
- In the ConfigurationManager, click to expand Exploded View .
- Right-click 3DExplode and click Edit Sketch.
- Edit the sketch.
- Close the sketch.
How do you show lines in exploded view?
To add explode lines to an exploded view, use an explode line sketch (a type of 3D sketch). (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Explode Line Sketch . is activated and the Route Line PropertyManager opens. All lines in an explode line sketch appear in phantom font.