How do you make a m4 thread in Solidworks?
To make a thread in SOLIDWORKS we can simply to go Insert > Features > Thread. We then choose an edge of our model and go through and populate our thread specifications. Once we’re done doing that, we can hit the green checkmark and there are our threads.
How do you make a m12 thread in Solidworks?
Creating a Cut Thread
- Open a part file. The diameter of the cylinder is 6mm. …
- Click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select the top edge of the cylinder.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification: …
- Under Thread Location: …
- Under End Condition, click Maintain Thread Length. …
- Click .
How do you use Hole Wizard thread in Solidworks?
Click “Hole Wizard” on the Features tab in the Command Manager. Select the “Straight Tap” option. Select all of the specifications needed for the tapped hole (e.g., size and end condition). Scroll down to the bottom of the Hole Wizard Property Manager to make sure “Cosmetic Thread” is selected.
How do you callout a thread in Solidworks drawing?
To insert cosmetic threads from assembly documents into drawings, click Insert > Model Items and click Cosmetic thread . In drawings, Insert Callout appears in the shortcut menu.
How do I use the thread tool in Solidworks?
To create a cut thread:
- Open a model with a cylindrical part and click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select a circular edge.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification, set values for the following: …
- For Thread method, click Cut thread. …
- Set the starting position of the Thread Location: