How do you move things vertically in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- With the Select ( ) tool, select the item (or items) you want to move.
- Select the Move tool ( ) or press the M key.
- Click the item you want to move. …
- Move your mouse to move your selection. …
- Click the destination point to finish the move.
How do I move an edge in SketchUp?
Moving Edges and Surfaces with the Move Tool
- Click the Start Using SketchUp button and click the human figure that appears in the Engineering–Feet template to select it; press the Del key to delete it.
- Draw a horizontal rectangle.
- Click the Push/Pull tool in the toolbar and move the mouse cursor to the rectangle.
What happens when you triple click a face in SketchUp?
When you double-click a face, you select that face and all the edges that define it. Double-clicking an edge gives you that edge plus all the faces that are connected to it. When you triple-click an edge or a face, you select the whole conglomeration that it’s a part of.
How do you move multiple objects in Sketchup?
(Holding the Shift key enables you to select multiple objects.) Activate Move and press Ctrl/Option. Click anywhere for the first move point—on a face, edge, or in blank space. Then click the second move point straight above the first move point, in the blue direction (Figure 1-12).
What is the use of rotate tool?
The Rotate tool can rotate objects in the drawing. Double-clicking the tool when an object is selected opens the Rotate Object dialog box as described in Custom Rotation. The Rotate tool can rotate, or rotate and duplicate the selected objects about an axis, or align the objects relative to another object.
When working in SketchUp what happens when you hit the Ctrl key while rotating an object?
If you hold down the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Option key (Mac OS X) as you drag, you create rotated copies of the selection. Release the mouse button to complete the rotate operation.
How do you separate components in SketchUp?
Make Unique: Sometimes you want to make changes to only one or a few of the instances of a component in your model. In this case, select the instance(s) you want to edit, right-click one of them, and choose Make Unique from the context menu. This option turns the instances you selected into a separate component.
How do you scale a dynamic component in SketchUp?
PRO This is a Pro only feature.
- Context-click on the component. …
- Select the Dynamic Components > Component Attributes menu item. …
- Click the + button next to the component’s name. …
- Click on the add attribute button in the last row of the attributes list. …
- Click on the Scale tool attribute in the list.
How do you create a dynamic component?
To add attributes, follow these steps:
- Select the component you want to make dynamic.
- On the Dynamic Components toolbar, click the Component Attributes tool ( ) or select Window > Component Attributes. …
- Click the Add Attribute plus sign icon to see a list of options.