Click Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties and then, in the Mass Properties dialog box, click Override Mass Properties.
How do you override mass in Solidworks?
To override the COM point coordinates:
- Click Mass Properties. (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Mass Properties.
- In the Mass Properties dialog box, click Override Mass Properties.
- In the Override Mass Properties dialog box: Select Override center of mass. …
- Close the Mass Properties dialog box.
How do you change weight in Solidworks?
To display mass properties: Select items (components or solid bodies) to be evaluated. If no component or solid body is selected, the mass properties for the entire assembly or part are reported. Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties.
How do I assign a mass to a part in Solidworks?
To add mass properties:
- Enter a Property Name for the mass property.
- Select Text from the Type list.
- Under Value / Text Expression, select the appropriate mass property from the list. Mass properties use the following, system-generated format: …
- Press Tab or Enter. The value of the property appears under Evaluated Value.
How do I change density in Solidworks 2019?
In a part document, click Options or Tools > Options. On the Document Properties tab, click Material Properties. Type the material density in the Density box. You can type the density value with any units.
What is override mass?
Override mass. Sets a value to override the calculated value for the mass of the model.
How does SOLIDWORKS calculate mass?
The mass properties of a part or assembly can be found by going to the evaluate tab and clicking on the icon labeled Mass Properties. The mass properties of a part/assembly can also be found by going to Tools>Evaluate>Mass Properties as shown below.
How would you temporarily remove a feature from a model?
Select a feature in the Model Tree or in the graphics area. 2. Do one of the following: ◦ Right-click and select Delete or Suppress.
Where can you find a list of all features within a part solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature, component, body, or part and click List External Refs. Displays the path and name of the part or assembly in which the component or feature was created.