How do you save a component as parts in Solidworks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do you save in Solidworks?
Click Save As (Standard toolbar) or File > Save As. Specifies a path to the folder where you want to save the document. Use the navigation pane (left pane) to browse to the location where you want to save your document. To hide the navigation pane, click Hide Folders.
How do I save an assembly?
To save an assembly as a part, we use the File > Save As command.
sldprt file type is selected, three options appear in the Save As dialog:
- Exterior faces – saved part includes external faces only, all bodies being surfaces. …
- Exterior components – part includes only visible components.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
How do you save a subassembly in Solidworks?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do I convert assembly to single part in Solidworks?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do you use Defeature in Solidworks?
To use the Defeature tool:
- Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature. The PropertyManager has multiple pages. …
- Specify options in the PropertyManager. Click Next and Back to move between pages.
- On the Feature Removal Complete page, click . The Defeature options are saved in the original model.
What does save all do SolidWorks?
Saves all the files open in SOLIDWORKS that have been modified since they were last saved. Click Save All on the Standard toolbar, or click File > Save All. …
What format does SolidWorks use?
SolidWorks is a CAD software developed by Dassault Systèmes. SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
Which command is used for saving the components designed in SolidWorks?
One of the easiest ways you can design faster is by using SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts.
Most commonly used SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts list.
|Ctrl + A||Makes new assembly from part or assembly|
|Ctrl + S||Save|
How do I merge two bodies in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
What is one advantage of top down assembly modeling?
The top-down approach is more efficient to use than the bottom-up for large and complex assemblies because it reduces errors within the assembly. There are two methods to create assemblies using the top-down approach: layout sketch, master model.