How do I scale a dimension in SolidWorks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do you scale down a drawing in SolidWorks?
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do I increase dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do you scale down a DXF in Solidworks?
To specify the sheet scale, select Enable scale and choose a scale or User Defined. For User Defined, type a scale in the format 1:1 or 1/1. Scale output 1:1 in Task Scheduler differs from Scale output 1:1 in SOLIDWORKS. SOLIDWORKS lists only scales found in the current sheets.
How do I change the scale in Solidworks?
To set scales: To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do I change a custom scale in Solidworks?
To set custom scales for drawing views:
- In a drawing, select an existing view or insert a new view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Scale, select Use custom scale.
- In the box, enter a scale in the format x:x or x/x . You can also click and select a predefined scale from the list.
How do I print actual size in Solidworks?
- In a drawing, click File > Print.
- In the dialog box, under Print range, choose Selection, then click OK. …
- Select a scale factor to apply to the selected area: …
- Drag the selection frame to position it. …
- Click OK to print the selected area.
How do you repair dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do I change dimension standards in SOLIDWORKS?
In the application, you can change these settings for individual documents and for your document templates.
- Unit system for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
- Dimension standard for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing.
How do I stretch a part in SOLIDWORKS?
In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Stretch, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations. and then click on the sketch to set a base point. Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.