How do I translate in Solidworks?
Click in Translation Reference and do one of the following:
- Select an edge in the graphics area to define the translation direction.
- Set a value for Distance . Type a negative number to switch the translation direction.
How do you transform bodies in Solidworks?
Converting Features to Bodies and Surfaces
- Open an assembly file, such as the HousingAssy. …
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Housing and click Open Part . …
- At the top of the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Housing and click Convert to Bodies.
- In the dialog box: …
- Click Window > HousingAssy.
How do you move a graphic in Solidworks?
Bodies to Move/Copy
Select the bodies in the graphics area to move, copy, or rotate. The selected bodies move as a single entity. The bodies that are not selected are treated as fixed. To display a triad at the center of mass of the selected bodies, click Translate/Rotate.
Can SolidWorks open Creo drawings?
You can import SolidWorks part and assembly models and export Creo parts and assemblies to SolidWorks. … You must explicitly select the Import option on the File Open dialog box to import SolidWorks parts and assemblies just as you import models of other non-native file formats.
How do I change the language of a SolidWorks tree?
Display Feature Names in a Different Language
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a top-level assembly or part and click Tree Display.
- Click Show Translated Feature Name in Tooltip and click a language.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, hover over a feature that has a default name.
How do you convert solid bodies to parts in Solidworks?
Saving Split Bodies
- Click Insert > Features > Save Bodies.
- Select the bodies to save in the graphics area, or under in Resulting Parts. …
- Under Resulting Parts, double-click each file name under File to open the Save As dialog box. …
- Select Consume cut bodies to copy cut-list items from multibody parts to resulting parts.
How do I convert assembly to single part in Solidworks?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do you move the top plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following:
- Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle.
- Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane.
- Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
Moving and Copying Features
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do I move origin to Solidworks?
To change the origin location or orientation:
- Create blocks from several sketch entities.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a Block. and select Edit Block. …
- Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
- In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Click .