The Extruded Cut feature can be found on the features tab in the Command Manager interface as shown in Figure 1. You can also go to the toolbar and click Insert -> Cut -> Extrude to pull up the Cut-Extrude Feature menu as well.
How do you trim an extrude?
To Trim an Extruded 3D Space
- Select the space to be trimmed, right-click, and click AEC Modify Tools Trim .
- Specify a start point for the trim line.
- Specify an endpoint for the trim line.
- Select the side of the space to be trimmed.
How do you edit an extrusion in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do you cut in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction yes or no?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature.
How do I edit a Solidworks file?
Editing an Existing Sketch
- Click Sketch on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.
How do I extend extrusion in Solidworks?
To extend a surface:
- Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
- In the PropertyManager: Under Edges/Faces to Extend, select one or more edges or faces in the graphics area for Selected Face/Edges . For edges, the surface extends along the plane of the edge. …
- Click .
How do I change the depth of extrusion in Solidworks?
To change the depth of the feature, type a new value in the Depth box, or use the arrows to change the value. Modify Draft. To remove drafts from the feature, select the Modify Draft check box. Make sure the Extrude with Draft check box is cleared.
What is the function of extruded cut?
About an Extruded Cut. You can use the Extrude tool to remove material by projecting a sketched section normal to the sketching plane. You can use open or closed sections to create a cut. Removing material using a closed section creates a slot.
How do you cut an intersecting body in SolidWorks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
What is TRIM command in SolidWorks?
You can use Power trim to trim multiple, adjacent sketch entities by dragging the pointer across each sketch entity. Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch. … Click Trim Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Trim.
How many types of trim are in SolidWorks?
You can use any of the following trim options: Power trim. Corner. Trim away inside.
What does the trim tool do SolidWorks?
You can use a surface, plane, or sketch as a trim tool to trim intersecting surfaces. … Trims surfaces using surfaces, sketch entities, curves, planes, and so on. Mutual. Trims multiples surfaces using the surfaces themselves.