Why is Section box not working in Revit?
In the view properties tick the box for “Section box” This should reveal and activate the section box in the 3D view, if you can’t see it you may need to reveal hidden elements and unhide it. Using the grips on the section box resize and position it as required.
Where is the section box in Revit?
Section Box Tool
- First of all select the object(s) you want to section box.
- Go to the Modify tab on the ribbon bar.
- Under the group called “View” select “Section Box”
How do I reset a selection box in Revit?
To reset your view, go to the Properties Menu and under the Extents tab. There should be a check box by the Selection box option which turns your Selection Box on and off. Enjoy the video!
How do you save a section box in Revit?
- Create a duplicate view: In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. …
- Add a section box: For information about section boxes, see Change the Extents of a 3D View. …
- Export the 3D view defined by the section box: Click File tab Export, and select an export option.
How do you adjust a section box?
You can activate it simply by checking the Section Box entry in Properties – Extents. After enabling the section box, you can modify its extents using ‘drag’ controls in the 3D view. You can also modify extents from other views (e.g.a plan or an elevation view).
How do you remove a section box?
Under Available Sections, select the section you want to modify and click Modify. Click the Boxes tab. Select the box you want to modify. Click Delete box and click OK.
How do I edit a section box?
Change the Extents of a 3D View
- Open a 3D view.
- On the Properties palette, under Extents, select the Section Box option.
- Click OK.
- Select the section box and use the drag controls to modify the extents, as necessary. The following image shows the section box selected with the blue arrow drag controls visible.
Why is scope box greyed out Revit?
The reason for this weird behaviour is simple: it turned out that Scope Box parameter becomes read-only if you modify the Crop Cregion sketch. Since the Revit Scope Box is a cube, it can’t be applied to those views that have non-rectangular Crop Region!
How do you unhide a scope box in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the scope box you want to hide, and do either of the following:
- Click Modify | Scope Boxes tab View panel Hide in View drop-down (Hide Elements).
- Right-click a scope box, and click Hide in view Elements.
How do I hide section views in Revit?
[REVIT] HOW TO HIDE A SPECIFIC SECTION TYPE?
- Choose the first section line and in Properties change View name to Building Section. …
- Choose which parameter will control visibility. …
- In the View tab, select Visibility / Graphics. ( …
- Go to the Filters tab, select Add in the lower-left corner.
How do you crop a 3D view in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the crop region. Click Modify