How do you measure radius in SolidWorks?
Measures distance, angle, radius, and size of and between lines, points, surfaces, and planes in sketches, 3D models, assemblies, or drawings. To open the Measure dialog box: Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. When you select a vertex or sketch point, the x, y, and z coordinates are displayed.
How do you dimension the radius of a circle in SolidWorks?
To change the placement of circular dimensions:
- Right-click the dimension.
- In the Dimension PropertyManager, select the Leaders tab.
- Under Witness/Leader Display, select a placement option. For example: Radius. Diameter. You can also right click the dimension and select Display Options.
How does SolidWorks calculate surface area?
To calculate the area and perimeter of a drawing entity: Click Tools > Inquiry > Get Area (or type GetArea).
Where is the measure tool in SolidWorks?
To open the Measure dialog box: Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. When you select a vertex or sketch point, the x, y, and z coordinates appear. When the Measure tool is not active, commonly used measurements for selected entities appear in the status bar.
What is the dimensional formula for radius?
For example, if r is the radius of a cylinder and h is its height, then we write [r] = L and [h] = L to indicate the dimensions of the radius and height are both those of length, or L. Similarly, if we use the symbol A for the surface area of a cylinder and V for its volume, then [A] = L2 and [V] = L3.
How do I simplify a Solidworks model?
Click Simplify (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Find/Modify > Simplify. On the Simplify Task Pane: Select items in Features to specify the types of features to search for. Set the Simplification factor to increase or decrease the insignificant volume factor.
How do you split a line in Solidworks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do I fillet in Solidworks?
To create fillets:
- Click Fillet on the Features toolbar, or click Insert, Features, Fillet/Round.
- Set the PropertyManager options. For constant radius fillets only, you can use the FilletXpert to add or modify fillets and to manage fillet corners.
- Click OK .
How does SolidWorks calculate model weight?
Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box. If an assembly contains components with overridden mass properties, those components are listed at the bottom of the Mass Properties dialog box.
How does SolidWorks calculate internal volume?
To measure internal volume:
- With an open part, click Intersect (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Intersect.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Shell1 and Plane6.
- Click Intersect (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Intersect.
- In the PropertyManager, click Create internal regions and click Intersect.