Is Revit a reference family?
Reference planes have a property called Is Reference. By setting this property, you specify that the reference plane can be dimensioned or snapped to when you place a family into a project. … To dimension or snap to a location on families placed in a project, you need to define the references in the Family Editor.
How do you add a reference level in Revit family?
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally. …
- Click when the level line is the correct length.
How do you create a reference plane in Revit family?
Add a Reference Plane
- On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
- On the Options bar, specify an offset, if desired.
- Select the Lock option to lock the reference plane to the line.
- Move the cursor near the line to which you want to place the reference plane and click.
What is a reference line in Revit?
Create a reference line that you can use when creating model geometry, or to create constraints for the geometry. In the Family Editor, you can add a reference line in any view and use the same drawing tools and techniques used when adding model lines. When you sketch a reference line, it displays as a single line.
How do you change the level of a family in Revit?
Right click on any word in your Project Browser to do a Search… for the name of your Level Head Family. Once you have found it, right click on the Family, and Select “Edit”. This will open up the Family Editor and allows you to edit the Annotation Family.
How do you change levels in Revit?
Change the Level Type
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) Structure tab Datum panel (Level)
- In the Type Selector, select a different level type.
Where is the reference plane in Revit?
Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
- On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) Structure tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) …
- To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). …
- To pick an existing line: On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
What is the use of reference plane in Revit?
Use the Reference Plane tool to draw reference planes to use as a guideline in your design. Reference planes are an integral part of family creation. Reference planes display in each plan view that you create for a model.
What is reference line?
A reference line, also referred to as a base line, is a user-defined vertical or horizontal line in the graph. Use reference lines to compare, reference, or measure against the data values displayed in the graph. … Reference lines are available if the X or Y axis contains a metric.
Where is Family Editor in Revit?
Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify |
How do you delete a reference plane in Revit family?
Drag the dimension away from the ref plane and place it on the other side of your boundary lines to remove it (you can’t hit delete. Too easy). Now there are no dimensions to the ref plane from the sketch. And there you have it, the geometry is no longer associated with the ref plane.
What is reference line in architecture?
While Reference Lines are used as control lines for information within a family similar to Reference Planes, they are not a type of Reference Plane. It is its own type of object designed for a separate purpose. … Reference Lines are created from the Datum panel of the Create tab within the Revit Family Creator.