How do you select items in FreeCAD?
Select any complex object, for example, a PartDesign Body or Std Part, then in the selection view select again the object, and then press Ctrl + C in the keyboard to open the Object selection dialog. This allows copying the selected object together with all or only some of that object’s dependency objects.
How do you select edges in FreeCAD?
Re: Simple selection and de-selection (edges, faces)
Shift+select usually selects a whole range, as you can see in the tree when selecting the first element and then while holding shift one of the last items. If you want to select/deselect single items you use the Control key instead of shift (cmd on a mac).
How do I join lines in FreeCAD?
Select two or more Draft Lines and/or Draft Wires.
- Press the Draft Join button.
- Select the Modification → Join option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: J then O.
How do you edit lines in FreeCAD?
- If you have not yet selected an object: double-click an object in the Tree view. This only work for supported Draft objects.
- Press the Draft Edit button.
- Select the Modification → Edit option from the menu.
- Select the Utilities → Edit option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: D then E.
Is FreeCAD good?
Overall: The most powerful features of Free CAD is the scripting environment. It was easy to create objects in the 3D scene and access and also modify your projects in the FreeCAD interface of the software. … Free Cad has very good open software option that keeps a beginner busy.
Is FreeCAD like Autocad?
Autocad is mainly used to design 2D, 3D drawings, drafts, concepts. FREECAD is a general-purpose 3D parametric modeler that ratify a modular software architecture. This Framework allows you to enhance the functionality by adding plugins.
How do I select a body in FreeCAD?
Double-click the Body in the tree view or open the context menu (right-click) and select Toggle active body to activate or deactivate the Body.
How do you select shapes in FreeCAD?
Select any component in FreeCAD is easy, simply click on it.
- Clicking once on a face you select the face.
- By clicking a second time on a selected face you select the full form. In the case of a polygon, the first click selects the one hand and the next the whole figure.
How do I merge shapes in FreeCAD?
- Select two or more shapes.
- Press the Part Fuse button in the Part tools toolbar. Use the Part → Boolean → Union entry in the Part menu.
How do I combine two points in FreeCAD?
- Select two or more point clouds.
- Select the Points → Merge point clouds option from the menu.