How do you change dimension lines in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
What is a dimension string in Revit?
Dimension String Type. Specifies the formatting method for a string of dimensions. This parameter is available for linear dimension styles.
How do you override dimension text in Revit?
Override a Dimension or an Equality Text Label
- In the drawing area, select the dimension to edit.
- Click the dimension value or the Equality Text label.
- In the Dimension Text dialog, for Dimension Value, select Replace With Text.
- In the text box, enter the text to display.
How do you show dimensions in Revit?
Click Annotate tab -> Dimension panel -> Linear. 2. Place the cursor at a reference point on an element, such as a wall or a line, or at the intersection of references, such as a join between 2 walls. The reference point highlights if you can place the dimension there.
What is a dimension string in architecture?
When a dimension string specifies the dimensions of everything between two known points (such as two column lines), that’s called a closed dimension string. … Open dimension strings are usually preferred, and the reason is tied to construction tolerances. Let’s say we’re dimensioning between two concrete columns.
How do I remove a dimension string in Revit?
In dimension strings containing 2 or more segments, use Tab to highlight an individual dimension segment for deletion.
- Position the cursor over the individual segment of a dimension string to be deleted.
- Press Tab until the segment is highlighted, and click to select it.
- Press Delete.
How do you dimension between two points in Revit?
Add a linear dimension to a drawing to measure between 2 points.
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Linear).
- Place the cursor at a reference point on an element, such as a wall or a line, or at the intersection of references, such as a join between 2 walls. …
- Click to specify the reference.
How do you edit a witness line in Revit?
Select the dimension. Click Modify | Dimensions tab Witness Lines panel (Edit Witness Lines). Click the element for which you want to add a new witness line, and then click in the drawing area. When you are finished, press Esc .
How do I delete a witness line in Revit?
Delete a Witness Line
- Select a permanent dimension.
- Right-click the blue control in the middle of a witness line, and click Delete Witness Line.