How do you delete parts in BOM solidworks?
To exclude assembly components from a Bill of Materials:
- In the assembly document, right-click the component and click Component Properties .
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select Exclude from bill of materials, then click OK. You can dissolve subassemblies and combine like components in BOMs.
How do I delete rows in BOM solidworks?
To select or delete a table, column, or row: Right-click in the table and choose Select or Delete, then Table, Column, or Row. If you select an entire table, press Delete to delete the table. If only a cell is selected, press Delete to delete the contents of the cell.
How do you delete a bill of materials in Solidworks?
Right-click cells in the BOM Assembly Structure column to dissolve selected subassemblies or weldments, removing them from the BOM display. In the indented display of BOM components, right-click the first subassembly in the BOM Assembly Structure column and select Dissolve.
How do I edit a BOM in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do I merge two cells in a table?
Merge or split cells in a table
- Select the cells that you want to merge.
- Under Table Tools, on the Layout tab, in the Merge group, click Merge Cells.
How do I merge two tables in Solidworks?
You can merge together previously split BOMs. Right-click a split table and click Merge Tables.
How do I use BOM in SolidWorks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I move a row in SolidWorks bom?
You can group table rows and drag them, maintaining their relative distance.
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.
What is meant by bom?
A bill of materials (BOM) is a centralized source of information used to manufacture a product. It is a list of the items needed to create a product as well as the instructions on how to assemble that product.