How do I alter an assembly in Solidworks?
Editing a Part in an Assembly
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
Can you cut an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an assembly feature cut: Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
How do you edit in Solidworks?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
How can you begin editing a part within the context of an assembly inventor?
Right-click the part, and then select Edit Feature. Use the sketch and feature commands to add, edit, or delete features. Save the part file. The changes you make are reflected in all occurrences of the part in the assembly file (and other assemblies that use the part).
How do I edit a step in Solidworks 2020?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
Can you extrude in a SolidWorks assembly?
SolidWorks lets you sketch on any reference plane in Assembly environment. You can extrude the sketch with the help of Extrude from Feature Tab. You can also follow the same method with existing part in assembly also.
How do you intersect in assembly in SolidWorks?
After capping all openings, use the intersect command found under ‘Insert’ > ‘Features’ > ‘Intersect‘. Select all your surfaces used to cap the openings, as well as the part itself, and click ‘intersect‘ for it to calculate the resulting solids.
How do you edit a extrude boss in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do I change the depth of extrusion in Solidworks?
To change the depth of the feature, type a new value in the Depth box, or use the arrows to change the value. Modify Draft. To remove drafts from the feature, select the Modify Draft check box. Make sure the Extrude with Draft check box is cleared.
How do I edit 3D model in Inventor?
Do any of the following:
- Double-click the sketch icon in the browser.
- Right-click the sketch in the browser and choose Edit Sketch or Edit 3D Sketch.
- Right-click the sketch plane in the graphics area and choose Edit Sketch or Edit 3D Sketch.
How do you edit in context?
To edit in context and select an existing Context: open the context menu, select the name of the existing Context you wish to edit and select “Edit in context.”