Rollback is a command in SOLIDWORKS PDM that is controlled by permissions. Rollback allows users to undo the version of a file or roll a file back in time. Rolling back a file reverts the file back to a selected place in time from the file’s history.
What does the rollback bar do?
A rollback bar is a tool that is often overlooked. It has many uses, such as suppressing features, reducing rebuild time, and showing how a model was created. It also allows us to add features anywhere on our FeatureManager design tree.
What is top down assembly in Solidworks?
In top-down assembly design, one or more features of a part are defined by something in an assembly, such as a layout sketch or the geometry of another part. The design intent comes from the top, which is the assembly, and moves down to the parts.
What is freeze bar in SolidWorks?
The freeze bar controls the point at which a part’s FeatureManager design tree rebuilds. Features above the freeze bar are frozen – you cannot edit them, and they are excluded from rebuilds of the model. Freezing a portion of a model can be useful if you work with complex models with many features.
Which choice is an example of a sketched feature?
Sketched features require the use of a sketch in order to be created, and include features such as Extruded Boss/Cut, Revolved Boss/Cut and many others.
What does Ctrl Q Do in SOLIDWORKS?
Forced Rebuild (Ctrl+Q)
This Forced Rebuild will also rebuild any views on a drawing which have sketch entities or require rebuilding. Often a Ctrl+Q can fix some issues which are persist through the standard rebuild.
How do I know if a SOLIDWORKS sketch is closed?
Check Sketch for Feature Usage
- In an open sketch, click Tools > Sketch Tools > Check Sketch For Feature. …
- Click Check. …
- To check your sketch for possible use in other feature types, select another type in Feature usage and click Check.
- Click Reset to return to the original Feature usage type.
- Click Close.
How do you undo changes in SOLIDWORKS?
Undo and Redo
- Click Undo on the Standard toolbar.
- Click Edit > Undo.
- Press Ctrl+Z.
What does rollback state mean?
In political science, rollback is the strategy of forcing a change in the major policies of a state, usually by replacing its ruling regime. It contrasts with containment, which means preventing the expansion of that state; and with détente, which means a working relationship with that state.
How do I create an ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
To create ordinate dimensions:
- Click Ordinate Dimension on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools, Dimensions, Ordinate. …
- Click the first item (edge, vertex, and so on) from which all others will be measured to be the base (the 0.0 dimension), and click again to place the dimension outside the model.