How do you align edges in Solidworks?
To align a drawing view to a model edge:
- Select a linear model edge in a drawing view.
- Click Tools > Align Drawing View > Horizontal Edge or Vertical Edge. The view rotates until the selected edge is oriented horizontally or vertically. Original view. Aligned by horizontal edge. Aligned by vertical edge.
How do you align dimensions in Solidworks?
To align and group parallel dimensions:
- In a drawing, hold Ctrl and select two or more dimensions that you want to align. …
- Click Align Parallel/Concentric on the Align toolbar, or click Tools, Dimensions, Align Parallel/Concentric.
How do you remove a broken view in Solidworks?
Right-click the broken view, and select Un-Break View. The break lines remain in the view and you can delete them.
How do you align two objects in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do I align two components in Solidworks?
Align Components PropertyManager
- Add the component by dragging it in the graphics area.
- Right-click the component and click Align Components.
How do you align two lines in Solidworks?
Align Between Lines
- In the graphics area: Select one or more annotations. Select two horizontal or vertical lines. To use Align Between Lines in a part or assembly, you must be editing the sketch lines.
- Click Align Between Lines. (Align toolbar), or click Tools > Align > Align Between Lines.
How do you align notes in Solidworks drawing?
Aligning Note Text Vertically
- Select the note.
- In the Text Format section of the Note PropertyManager, select one: Top Align. Middle Align. Bottom Align.
How do you rotate an object in Solidworks without a mouse?
Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments. Click Rotate View or View, Modify, Rotate; select a vertex, edge, or face; then drag the pointer.