How do you fillet a surface in SolidWorks?
To create a face fillet between surfaces:
- Create two surfaces (the surfaces need not be adjacent).
- Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Fillet/Round.
- In the PropertyManager, under Fillet Type, select Face fillet.
- Under Items To Fillet, set a Radius value.
Can you fillet a surface?
Fillet the edges of a surface body. Make multiple radius surface fillets. Make fillets between two surfaces, or face fillets.
|Constant radius surface fillet with Full preview||Constant radius surface fillet applied|
|Multiple radius surface fillet with Partial preview||Multiple radius surface fillet applied|
How do you fillet a 3D object in SolidWorks?
To fillet edges of 3D solids:
- Click Solids > Solid Editing > Fillet edges (or type FilletEdges).
- Specify the Radius option.
- Specify the radius of the fillet arc.
- Specify the edges of 3D solids and press Enter. The software fillets the edges by the specified radius.
How do you flip a fillet in Solidworks?
You can reverse the orientation of the fillet on one or more edges that intersect the vertex. Click the multi-edge control point to select which edges you want to reverse the orientation for. Sets the radius for one fillet direction. Sets the radius for the other fillet direction.
What does the basic surface fillet do?
Engineers use fillet to reduce the stress on a part. Hence, fillet helps distribute stress on a larger surface, preventing the stressed part from rapid deformation. When the design requires eliminating sharp edges and low-stress concentration, fillet engineering is the best option for machinists to utilize.
How do you fillet multiple bodies in Solidworks?
To create multiple fillets using the FilletXpert Add tab:
- In the FilletXpert PropertyManager, click the Add tab.
- Under Items to Fillet: Select items to fillet for Edges, Faces, Features and Loops . Set the Radius . Click Apply. The FilletXpert adds the fillet features without leaving the PropertyManager.
How do you remove a fillet line in Solidworks?
RE: Removing fillet edges in drawings
If you mean the line that is displaying the tangent edge of a fillet, just right click somewhere in the view and under “tangent edges”, choose “tangent edges removed”. This will apply to the whole view.