How do I turn off the start page in AutoCAD?
Type STARTMODE on the command line in AutoCAD. Enter 0 (zero) to turn off the Start tab or 1 to turn it on.
How do I close the Start tab?
Close a tab
- On your Android phone, open the Chrome app .
- To the right, tap Switch tabs. . You’ll see your open Chrome tabs.
- At the top right of the tab you want to close, tap Close. . You can also swipe to close the tab.
How do I open the Start tab in AutoCAD?
Within a drawing type STARTMODE on the command line in AutoCAD. Enter 0 (zero) to turn the Start tab off or 1 to switch it on.
How do I start drawing in AutoCAD?
To Start a New Drawing
- On the Start tab, click Start New Drawing. This opens a new drawing based on the default drawing template file. …
- Right-click a file tab, and choose New to display the Select Template dialog box.
- Click Application menu New Drawing. Find.
How do I close the Start tab in AutoCAD 2021?
To Display or Hide the Start Tab
- At the Command prompt, enter startmode.
- At the Enter new value for prompt, enter 1 to display the tab or 0 to hide the tab.
Why does AutoCAD open a new window?
Causes: The SDI (Single Document Interface) system variable is set to 1. This regulates whether or not multiple drawings can be opened in a single interface. DWG files are not associated in Windows with the “AutoCAD DWG Launcher” application but are instead associated with an AutoCAD acad.exe file.
How do I open a single AutoCAD window?
When double-clicking a DWG file in Windows, the drawing opens in AutoCAD. Then, launch a second instance of AutoCAD from the Start menu or desktop shortcut and use the OPEN command to open a second drawing. This will allow to position the two AutoCAD instances side by side. Enable Single Document Interface (SDI) mode.
What is Startup command in AutoCAD?
Controls what is displayed when the application is started, or when a new drawing is opened. … Starts a drawing without defined settings. 1. Displays the Startup or the Create New Drawing dialog box.
What is start tab in AutoCAD?
The Start tab is displayed by default at startup, providing easy access to a variety of initial actions, including access to drawing template files, recently opened drawings and sheet sets, and online and learning options.