How do you smooth jagged lines in AutoCAD?
Line smoothing is disabled.
- Solution: To improve the display of lines, do one or more of the following:
- Disable Hardware Acceleration. See: How to enable or disable hardware acceleration in AutoCAD.
- Enable Smooth Line Display. On the command line in AutoCAD, type LINESMOOTHING and set it to On or 1.
- Enable WHIPARC.
How do I fix distorted lines in AutoCAD?
Solution: Do one or more of the following to adjust the line display in AutoCAD: Install the latest updates for AutoCAD (see Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements). On the command line in AutoCAD, enter GRAPHICSCONFIG and verify that the correct video card is being used (see AutoCAD uses the wrong graphics card).
What are jagged lines?
Something that is jagged has a rough, uneven shape or edge with lots of sharp points. adj.
Why is AutoCAD showing lines everywhere?
Solution: On the command line in AutoCAD, type LINESMOOTHING and set it to Off (0). You can also enter the GRAPHICSCONFIG command and disable the “Smooth line display” checkbox. Turning off hardware acceleration completely can also prevent unwanted linework from showing.
How do I get rid of the white lines in AutoCAD?
To Remove Redundant Lines From a 3D Solid
- Click Modeling tab > Solid panel > Solid Edit – Body drop-down > Clean.
- Select the 3D solid object.
- Press Enter to complete the command.
What is the command in AutoCAD to remove unwanted lines?
The easiest way to trim objects in AutoCAD 2016 is to use the “Trim” command located on the Modify panel.
- First, select the objects you want to trim. …
- Right click on the blank space to finalize the selection.
- Left click on the lines to trim them.
How do you cut lines in CAD?
On the Annotation tool palette, click the Cut Line Tool. In the drawing area, specify the point where you want the cut line to begin. Specify the point where you want the cut line to end. Specify the extents of the break.
How do I hide reference lines in AutoCAD?
Hide Lines in Layout Viewports
- Select the layout viewport in which you want to hide the lines.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties palette.
- On the Properties palette, under Misc, in the Shade Plot field, select Legacy Hidden.
How do you close a gap in AutoCAD?
Start the PEDIT command and at the first prompt, choose the Multiple option and select both objects. Then use the Join option. At the Enter fuzz distance or [Jointype] <5.0000>: prompt, enter a number larger than the gap to close it, and end the command. Use the Jointype suboption to specify how the gap is closed.
What are commands in AutoCAD?
|L/ LINE||Create a simple line|
|MI/ MIRROR||Produce a mirror copy of an object|
|MLINE||Create multiple parallel lines|
|PL/ PLINE||Make a polyline|