How do you create a mate in Solidworks?
To add a mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . …
- Click to close the PropertyManager, or click before you click to create a new mate.
How do you mate two pieces in Solidworks?
Simply hold down Ctrl and select the two entities you wish to mate. The supported mate types are all standard mates (Concentric, Coincident, Equal, etc), as well as some advanced mates (Profile Center, Symmetric and Width) and some mechanical mates (Cam and Slot).
What does mating do in SolidWorks?
Mates create geometric relationships between assembly components. As you add mates, you define the allowable directions of linear or rotational motion of the components. You can move a component within its degrees of freedom, visualizing the assembly’s behavior.
What is in place mate in SolidWorks?
InPlace mates are a special kind of Coincident mates that are only created when you work in an assembly with virtual parts. They mate a virtual part in all directions to an existing part, without fixing the parts in space. They are created automatically without any input from the user.
How many types of mates are there in SolidWorks?
Standard mates include angle, coincident, concentric, distance, lock, parallel, perpendicular, and tangent mates. Advanced mates include limit, linear/linear coupler, path, symmetry, and width mates. Mechanical mates include cam-follower, gear, hinge, rack and pinion, screw, and universal joint mates.
How do you insert a slot in SolidWorks?
To create a Hole Wizard slot for a part:
- Select a face and click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard.
- In the PropertyManager, on the Type tab, for Hole Type, select a slot type: Option. Description. …
- Under Hole Specifications, for Slot length. , enter a value.
- Select other options and click .
How do you fix mates in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I edit a mate in Solidworks?
To modify a mating relationship:
- Expand the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- In the PropertyManager, select the mate to edit under Mates and change the desired options. …
- To replace one entity with another, click the entity to replace in the Mate Selections box, press Delete, then select the new entity.
How do I use Smart mates in Solidworks?
Adding SmartMates from the Move Component PropertyManager
- Click Move Component on the Assembly toolbar.
- In the PropertyManager, under Move, click SmartMates .
- Double-click a component, then click a valid mate partner. The Mate pop-up toolbar appears.
- Add a SmartMate, then click .
- Click in the PropertyManager.