How do you freely move in Solidworks?
Moving the Camera
- Press Alt + middle mouse button and drag.
- On the main toolbar, click Camera Tools > Pan , then click and drag.
How do you move around in Solidworks on a laptop?
Click Rotate View (View toolbar) or View, Modify, Rotate, then drag the pointer . Drag with the middle mouse button. Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments.
How do you scroll around in Solidworks?
Hold down Ctrl and drag with the middle mouse button. (In an active drawing, you do not need to hold down Ctrl.) Hold down Shift and drag with the middle mouse button.
How do I move the screen in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do you move an object in Solidworks 2019?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
How do I allow a part to move in an assembly in Solidworks?
To make a subassembly flexible: Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties . In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK.
How do I rotate part of an assembly?
On the ribbon, click Assemble tab Position panel Free Rotate . Click the component to rotate. Drag to the appropriate view of the component. To rotate in any direction, click inside the 3D rotate symbol and drag in the appropriate direction.
How do you drag and rotate in Solidworks?
Dragging to Rotate a Component
To rotate a component by dragging: Right-click and drag the component. The component rotates within its degrees of freedom. To prevent this behavior, clear Move components by dragging in Tools > Options > System Options > Assemblies.
How do I rotate my trackpad?
Press “Ctrl-Alt-Right” to rotate the screen by 270 degrees using the arrow keys to adjust the direction. Press “Ctrl-Alt-Up” to return the screen to normal.
How do you move parts in Solidworks?
To move drawing entities:
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do I change mouse controls in Solidworks?
To enable or disable mouse gestures, with a document open, click Tools > Customize. On the Mouse Gestures tab, select or clear Enable mouse gestures. To set the number of mouse gestures in the mouse gesture guide, with a document open, click Tools > Customize.