How do you duplicate a sketch in Solidworks?
Just about everything! In SOLIDWORKS you can copy and paste: Sketches.
Create Drawing View with Copy and Paste
- Pick the top of a feature tree for a component and select Edit > Copy.
- Then go to a drawing and select Edit > Paste.
- SOLIDWORKS has now inserted, or pasted, a copy of that component in a model view in the drawing.
How do you duplicate a sketch in Solidworks 2020?
Copy the sketch entity within the same document or to different documents. Hold down Ctrl while dragging the sketch entity. To copy one or more sketch entities, select the entities, then click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the graphics area, then click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do you copy and move a sketch in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do you copy a sketch to another plane?
- Select wireframe on sketch by dragging a window over sketch items.
- Then use Ctrl C (Copy).
- Deselect items.
- Select a new sketch plane for items to be pasted in.
Can I copy a sketch from one part to another solidworks?
You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. The target document must be open. tool (Sketch toolbar), you can specify to copy the relations.
How do you duplicate items in Solidworks?
To copy multiple components:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy.
- Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area. New instances of the components are created.
How do I duplicate a drawing in sketchbook?
Copying and pasting layers in Sketchbook Pro for desktop
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+C (Win) or Command+C (Mac) to copy the content.
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+V (Win) or Command+V (Mac) to paste.
Can you copy features in SOLIDWORKS?
To copy the feature to the part, hold CTRL , and select the Cut Feature in the FeatureManager Design Tree. While holding CTRL and the left mouse button, drag and drop the feature in the desired location.
How do you insert a sketch in Solidworks?
Inserting Sketch Pictures
- In an open sketch, click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open. The picture is inserted.
- Set the properties on the first page of the Sketch Picture PropertyManager as necessary. …
- Click .
How do you move drawings in Solidworks?
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do you save a sketch in assembly in Solidworks?
To save a virtual component to its own external file, right-click the component and select Save Part(in External File). Alternatively, when you save the assembly, you can select to save the part either inside the assembly or to an external file.
How do I project a sketch to another plane in Solidworks?
Click Project Curve on the Curves toolbar, or Insert > Curve > Projected. Use this selection to project a sketched curve onto a model face. Under Sketch to Project , select the curve in the graphics area or from the flyout FeatureManager design tree.
How do you copy and paste a sketch in Fusion 360?
To copy and paste a sketch into another sketch, perform the following:
- Select the sketch entities to be copied (either left-click or window select).
- Right-click and select Copy.
- Click to deselect the copied entities. …
- Edit Sketch or Create Sketch so that sketch mode is active.
- Right-click and select Paste.