How do you break a link in SOLIDWORKS BOM?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
How do you split a drawing in SOLIDWORKS?
To split a sketch entity:
- In an open sketch, click Split Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Split Entities. …
- Click the sketch entity at the location where you want the split to occur. The sketch entity splits into two entities, and a split point is added between the two sketch entities.
How do you customize a BOM in SOLIDWORKS?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do I remove a link in Solidworks?
Select one or more file links under the item, then right-click and select Remove Link.
How do you link bill of materials in Solidworks?
Specify properties for Bills of Materials. To open the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, do one of the following: Click Bill of Materials on the Table toolbar, or with a document open, click Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
How do I cut a half sketch in SolidWorks?
(Drawing toolbar) or Insert > Drawing View > Section. In the Section View PropertyManager, click Section or Half Section. You can use Tab to switch between Cutting Lines in Section or Half Section. After you select and place the cutting line in the drawing view, the Section View popup displays.
How do you split a line in SolidWorks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project. . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do I add a part in BOM solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I change the part number in Solidworks BOM?
Search ‘Managing Part Number Settings’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
To change the part number or description of the saved settings:
- Under Part Numbers, select the part number saved settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Part Number dialog box, change Part number, Description, or both.
- Click OK.
How do I copy a BOM table in Solidworks?
Copying Assembly BOMs into Drawings
- Select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- In BOM Options, select Copy existing table.
- Select an assembly BOM from the list.
- Select Linked to link the BOMs.
How do I link solidworks BOM to excel?
In the table editing mode, highlight the table and then copy or on your keyboard CTRL+C. After copy the BOM table in SOLIDWORKS go to Microsoft Excel, then under the Paste expand the feature and find Paste With Link to insert the SOLIDWORK BOM table into excel.
How do I export NX from BOM to excel?
Find Answers. Fast.
U can export BOM using Tools->Export->Objects to Excel from either Structure Manager or Manufacturing Process Planner modules.
How do you set the material in NX?
Creating a Material with NX Site Material Library
To create a material, make sure the Site MatML Library is checked under Libraries, then select Manage Materials, in the more tab of the Utilities group. Click the lower right button to create a material and add all the characteristics.