How do you extrude a 3D sketch boss in Solidworks?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .
How do I edit a 3D sketch in Solidworks?
Editing an Existing Sketch
- Click Sketch. on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.
Can you extrude an open sketch in Solidworks?
Allows you to use a partial sketch to create extrude features from open or closed contours. Select sketch contours and model edges in the graphics area.
How do you extrude a sketch in Solidworks?
Click Convert to Extrusion (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > 2D to 3D > Extrude, and click in the graphics area to establish the direction of the extrusion. The Base-Extrude PropertyManager appears. Edit the properties in the Base Extrude PropertyManager.
Where is 3D sketch in Solidworks?
Beginning a 3D Sketch
- Click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch to open a 3D sketch on the Front plane in Isometric view.
- Select a plane and then click 3D Sketch on Plane (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch on Plane to add a 3D sketch in Normal to view.
What is 3D sketch on plane solidworks?
Add planes to 3D sketches to facilitate sketching and adding relations between sketch entities. Once you add the plane, activate it to view its properties and to create a sketch. to open a sketch on a pre-selected plane in Normal to view.
How do you draw a sketch in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly. (Standard toolbar or New. flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you convert 2D sketch to 3D sketch in Solidworks?
2D to 3D Conversion Overview
- In a part document, import a drawing into a sketch or construct a new sketch.
- Edit the sketch.
- Extract sketches for views from the Front, Top, and so on. The sketches fold up into the appropriate orientation.
- Align the sketches.
- Extrude the base feature.
- Cut or extrude other features.
How do I make a 3D PDF in Solidworks?
To export a SolidWorks part or assembly as a 3D PDF file:
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, select Adobe Portable Document Format (*. pdf) in Save as type.
- Select Save as 3D PDF, verify the file name, and click Save.
How do you stop editing a sketch in Solidworks?
- Click Rebuild. (Standard toolbar) or click Edit > Rebuild.
- Click Exit Sketch. on the Sketch toolbar.
- Click Insert > Exit Sketch.
- Right-click and select Exit Sketch. .
- Click Exit Sketch. …
- Click Edit > Exit Sketch without Saving Changes.
- When no sketch tool is selected, double-click in the graphics area.
Can you extrude an open sketch?
Extrude Cut – Thin Feature
Thin features often use open sketches but can also use closed sketches. The thin features option gives the sketch a cut thickness and an extrusion depth as seen below in figure 1.