How do I open an SAT file?
How to open a SAT file. You can open a SAT file in a variety of different CAD programs, including Spatial 3D ACIS Modeler (multiplatform), Autodesk AutoCAD (Windows, Mac), IMSI TurboCAD (Windows, Mac), and Autodesk Fusion 360 (multiplatform).
What file types can you open in Revit?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
Can AutoCAD read SAT files?
Autodesk products will only read up to ACIS v7 (*. sat) files. Open the file in Notepad and the header will tell you the ACIS version (or attach the sat file here). You can also use the acisin command rather than import.
Can you convert solidworks to Revit?
Export the Solidworks file to IFC and then import the file into Revit. Export the Solidworks file to a STEP file and then import it into AutoCAD. Export the file from AutoCAD as 3D DWG and then import into Revit.
What is an SAT file?
The SAT file extension stores three-dimensional geometry information within a standard text file format. It’s used to exchange 3D data between multiple systems and is saved in Spatial’s ACIS solid modeling format.
Can SketchUp Open Sat files?
sat files and a format that SketchUp can import.
How do I open a .SAT file in CAD?
To Import an ACIS File
- Click Insert tab Import panel Import. Find.
- In the Import File dialog box, in the Files of type box, select ACIS (*. sat).
- Find and select the ACIS file you want to import, or enter the name of the ACIS file at File Name.
- Click Open.
Can SOLIDWORKS Open Sat files?
SOLIDWORKS supports import of generic named attributes (integer, position, real, string, and vector) associated with bodies and faces from ACIS (. sat) files. These attributes are displayed as features in the FeatureManager design tree.
What format are Revit files?
What File Formats Can Revit Export To? Besides the native Revit file formats, Revit supports several proprietary and open-source computer-aided design (CAD) formats as well: CAD formats such as DWF, DWG, IFC, DGN, SAT. Image formats such as JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP.
Can you import AutoCAD into Revit?
Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. Tip: Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use.
Can FreeCAD Open Sat files?
As Inventor files contains a complete ACIS model representation, SAT and SAB files can also be imported into FreeCAD. As Fusion360 files contains a complete ACIS model representation these files can also be opened in FreeCAD.
How do I convert DWG to SAT?
To Export Selected Objects to an ACIS File
- Click Application menu Export Other Formats. Find.
- In the Export Data dialog box, enter a file name.
- Under Files of type, select ACIS (*. sat). Click Save.
- Select the objects you want to save to an ACIS file. The file extension . sat is automatically appended.
How do I open an SAT file in Inventor?
Sets the options for the import of a SAT file. If an imported SAT file contains an assembly, Autodesk Inventor creates an assembly file and a part file for each part in the SAT assembly.
In the Open, Place Component, or Import dialog boxes:
- Set the Files of type to *. sat.
- Select or browse to the file.
- Click Options.