How do you add a relation in SOLIDWORKS 2019?
Search ‘Adding Dimensions and Relations’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
To add dimensions and relations when you recognize features:
- Click Options (Features toolbar) or Insert > FeatureWorks > Options .
- Click Dimensions/Relations and select Enable Auto Dimensioning of Sketches and Add constraints to sketch.
- Click OK.
How do you edit a sketch relationship in SOLIDWORKS?
You can set different external sketch relations in specified configurations. Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Sketch. Click Display/Delete Relations on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Relations > Display/Delete.
How do you create a relationship between parts in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do you add a relation in SOLIDWORKS 2018?
Click Tools > Sketch Settings > Automatic Relations. Click Options. , Relations/Snaps, and select Automatic relations.
How do you define a sketch in SolidWorks?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do you select multiple sketch entities?
To select a chain of sketch entities:
- Right-click a sketch entity and choose Select Chain. The entities of sketch geometry such as rectangles and polygons are selected. You can also select construction entities. …
- You can hold Ctrl and select multiple chains.
Where is sketch relations SolidWorks?
Description: Sketch relations help to define a sketch entity by relating them or constraining them to other sketch entities. Sketch relations can either be added or assumed by SolidWorks through built in features (the polygon tool). Note: All relations can be seen and edited by using the display/delete relation icon.
What is ADD relations in SolidWorks?
You can create geometric relations between sketch entities, or between sketch entities and planes, axes, edges, or vertices. To open the Add Relations/Properties PropertyManager: Click Add Relations. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar).
How do I add parts to assembly in Solidworks?
Right-click the component and click Insert Into Assembly. You can populate one or more holes in the assembly by preselecting the circular edges of the holes and then using Insert Into Assembly. If you do not preselect a hole, the part is placed at the assembly origin.
How do I add parts to an assembly in Solidworks?
Adding Components to an Assembly
- Use the Insert Component PropertyManager.
- Drag from the File Explorer tab in the Task Pane.
- Drag from an open document window.
- Drag from Windows Explorer.
- Drag a hyperlink from Internet Explorer.
- Drag within the assembly for additional instances of existing components.
How do you mate in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . You can temporarily hide faces to select an obscured face by hovering over a face and pressing Alt.
What does collinear mean in Solidworks?
Collinear. Two or more lines. The items lie on the same infinite line. Coradial. Two or more arcs.
How do you turn off relations in Solidworks?
Can I turn off automatic relations? Click Tools > Sketch Settings, and toggle Automatic Relations. How do I toggle the display of sketch relations? (View toolbar) or View > Hide/Show > Sketch Relations to toggle the display of sketch relations.