What are the 3 points in Revit?
There are 3 different origin points in a Revit project: the Project Base Point, the Survey Point and the secret Internal Origin.
What is a survey point in Revit?
The survey point is used to correctly orient the building geometry in another coordinate system, such as the coordinate system used in a civil engineering application. In a Revit model, the survey point defines a reference point for the survey coordinate system.
Where is the survey point in Revit?
First, make sure that Survey Point is enabled in Visibility / Graphics settings. In Visibility / Graphics settings window go to Model Categories -> Visibility -> Site and make sure that “Survey Point” is enabled. After that in the Revit site view, the Survey Point block should appear.
How do you annotate Coordinates in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Spot Coordinate).
Add a Spot Coordinate
- without a leader, click to place it.
- with a leader, move the cursor away from the element, and click to place the spot coordinate.
- with a leader and a shoulder, move the cursor away from the element. Click once to place the leader shoulder.
How do you find the base point of a project?
To see the base point in your revit model, open a site plan and then the visibility graphics window. Expand the Site Category, then make sure the Project Base Point is set to visible. Next select the project base point in the Revit View, and click on the paperclip icon.
What is survey point and project base point in Revit?
Project Base Points and Survey Points. Every project has a project base point and a survey point , although they might not be visible in all views, because of visibility settings and view clippings. They cannot be deleted. The project base point defines the origin (0,0,0) of the project coordinate system.
How do I move an entire model in Revit?
Relocate the Model
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Relocate Project). The Relocate Project tool works similar to the Move tool. As you move the cursor over elements, valid references are highlighted and identified in the status bar.
- Move the project graphically in the view.
How do you edit a survey point in Revit?
Move the Survey Point
- In the site plan view or another view that displays the survey point, select the survey point.
- Click the clip to change its state to clipped or unclipped, depending on how you want to move the survey point. …
- Drag the survey point to the desired location.
How do you move an internal origin point in Revit?
To establish the project coordinate system, move the project base point away from the internal origin to another location, such as the corner of a building. If you later want to return the project base point to the internal origin, unclip the project base point, right-click it, and click Move to Startup Location.
What are survey points?
survey points. [ESRI software] In Survey Analyst for field measurements, named locations that are observed through various surveys. Survey points can be observed multiple times and by many surveys over time. They represent multiple coordinates, but each identifies discrete physical locations on the earth’s surface.
How do you set the elevation of a project in Revit?
Manage tab> Project Location> Coordinates> Specify Coordinates at Point:
- Select the ground level line and specify elevation:
- Ground level still says 0. Select the ground level line and change the type to Shared Datum:
- Ground level now shows the Shared Datum levels: