How do you insert a revision table in Solidworks?
Inserting a Revision Table
- Click Revision Table. (Table toolbar), or click Insert > Tables > Revision Table.
- Set the properties in the Revision Table PropertyManager, then click . You can insert text in empty cells by double-clicking the cells and typing text.
How do I create a custom revision table in Solidworks?
Click Revision Table (Table toolbar), or click Insert > Tables > Revision Table.
How do you save a revision table in Solidworks?
When complete, new Revision Table can be saved as a New Template, to do this Right Click on top right of table and select Save As and will be saved as a . sldrevtbt file format which can be selected in the future drawings or will be stored to the drawing template if Revision Table will be kept in Drawing.
How do I add a revision symbol in solidworks?
Do one of the following: In a drawing with a revision already in the table, click Revision Symbol (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Revision Symbol. Right-click in the revision table of the relevant revision row and select Revisions > Add Symbol.
How do you update a revision table in Solidworks?
In Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings , select Enable symbol when adding new revision. When selected, any time you insert a row in a revision table, the Revision Symbol tool opens so you can insert revision symbols in the drawing.
How do you add a revision triangle in Solidworks?
Do one of the following:
- In a drawing with a revision already in the table, click Revision Symbol. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Revision Symbol.
- Right-click in the revision table of the desired revision row and select Revisions > Add Symbol.
How do I edit a drawing table in Solidworks?
Editing a Design Table
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click Design Table and click Edit Table or Edit Table in New Window. The worksheet appears in the window. …
- Edit the table. …
- Click outside of the table to close it. …
- If you receive a confirmation message that the design table generated new configurations, click OK.
How do I track revisions in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Revisions-Tracking and Editing Changes Made in a Project
- Right click on the Document book or drawing you want to revise, and select the Revisions option.
- Make your entries and Validate the revision. …
- the Validate button changes to Verify.
How do I add a revision table to a Solidworks drawing template?
To insert a revision table:
- Click Revision Table on the Table toolbar, or click Insert, Tables, Revision Table.
- Set the properties in the Revision Table PropertyManager , then click OK . You can insert text in empty cells by double-clicking the cells and typing text.
How do you unlock a revision table in Solidworks?
Specify properties for revision tables. To open this PropertyManager: Click Revision Table (Table toolbar), or click Insert > Tables > Revision Table.
What is a revision table?
The revision table holds metadata for every edit done to a page within the wiki. Every edit of a page creates a revision row, which holds information such as the user who made the edit, the time at which the edit was made, and a reference to the new wikitext in the text table.
What is a revision symbol?
The revision symbol uses the revision table’s settings for the shape and revision number or letter. Click in the graphics area to place the symbol. You can place the symbol anywhere, and you can place multiple instances of the symbol while the Revision Symbol PropertyManager is active.
How do I change the revision of a drawing in Solidworks?
To set a revision number:
- Select the file and click Modify > Set Revision.
- In the Set Revision dialog box, verify that the revision number can be set. …
- Select one or more files to transition, and set column values as needed.
- Select the next revision.
What is a revision or engineering change to a drawing?
The term “Drawing Revision” refers to modifications that are made to a drawing after it has been signed and issued. The first revision to a drawing takes place after the initial issue of the drawing is signed and released for bid or construction.