How do I fix a position Assembly in SolidWorks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you center assembly on the origin?
Select the Center of Mass in the Feature Manager Design Tree and click Reference Geometry / Coordinate System in the Features toolbar. In the Property Manager, make sure Center of Mass is in the Selections field and click the green check box. This will establish the Center of Mass as a Coordinate System.
How do I change the position of a part in Solidworks assembly?
To edit a position:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Mate Controller and click Edit Feature .
- In the PropertyManager, under Mates Positions, select Position 2 from the list. The components move to Position 2.
- Change the value of Distance1 from 30 to 60 . …
- Click Update Position . …
- Click .
How do you anchor a part in Solidworks?
To set the anchor points:
- Expand Sheet Format for the sheet in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Right-click one of the anchors, select Set Anchor, then click where you want the anchor point on the sheet. When you set the anchor point from the FeatureManager design tree, you are automatically in Edit Sheet Format mode.
How do I align origins in SolidWorks assembly?
In a sketch, click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
Move the sketch’s location based on relocating:
- Only the sketch origin.
- Only the X-axis or the Y-axis.
- Both the sketch origin and either the X-axis or the Y-axis.
How do I align a section to Origin in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
How do you explode an assembly in SolidWorks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do I center a line in SolidWorks?
Click Centerline. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Centerline. Click to start the centerline. Drag, or move the pointer and click, to set the end of the centerline.
How do I center a shape in SolidWorks?
Click a button on the Align toolbar. Click Tools > Align, and select a tool from the menu. Select a group of annotations, right-click one of the annotations, select Align, and choose one of the options.