How do I edit an ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
You can modify ordinate dimensions using commands on the shortcut menu. Right-click an ordinate dimension, select Display Options, then choose from these options: Align Ordinate. Aligns all the dimensions along the ordinate with the 0.0 ordinate.
How do I change the orientation of a dimension in Solidworks?
Use the shortcut menu to change the dimension orientation. Right-click the dimension, select Select Annotation View, and select a new view from the shortcut menu.
How do you move zeros in ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
When you drag any member of the group, all the members move together. To disconnect a dimension from the alignment group, right-click the dimension, and select Break Alignment. You can drag the zero dimension to a new position, and all the ordinate dimensions update to match the new zero position.
How do you add an ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
To add more dimensions along the same ordinate: Right-click an ordinate dimension, and select Add To Ordinate. Click the edges, or vertices, or arcs you want to dimension using the same ordinate. As you click each item, the dimension is placed in the view, aligned to the zero ordinate.
How do I show hidden ordinate dimensions in Solidworks?
Showing Dimension Names
To show dimension names: Click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
What are ordinate dimensions in Solidworks?
Ordinate dimensions are a set of dimensions measured from a zero ordinate in a drawing or sketch. In drawings, they are reference dimensions and you cannot change their values or use the values to drive the model. Ordinate dimensions are measured from the axis you select first.
How do I make vertical dimensions in Solidworks?
To create a vertical dimension:
- Click Vertical Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Vertical. The pointer changes to .
- Click the two points to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click a location to place the dimension.
How do you make a horizontal dimension in Solidworks?
Creating Horizontal Dimensions
- In an open sketch, click Horizontal Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Horizontal. …
- Select the two entities to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click a location to place the dimension.
How do I change dimension in Solidworks drawing?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do I edit ordinate dimensions in Inventor?
Add ordinate dimensions
- On the ribbon, click Annotate tab Dimension panel Ordinate .
- In the graphics window, select the view to dimension.
- Place the origin indicator.
- Select the geometry to dimension in the graphics window.
- Right-click and select Continue.
- Move the cursor to preview placement of the dimensions.
What is datum in Solidworks?
You can attach a datum feature symbol to the following items: In a part or assembly, on a planar model surface or on a reference plane. In a drawing view, on a surface that appears as an edge (including silhouette edges) or on a section view surface to identify datum planes in the part. A geometric tolerance symbol …
How do you do a hole callout in Solidworks?
To add a hole callout:
- Click Hole Callout (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Hole Callout. …
- Click the edge of a hole, then click in the graphics area to place the hole callout. …
- Edit the callout in the Dimension PropertyManager. …
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to insert additional hole callouts, then click .
What is an angular dimension?
Angular dimensions measure the angle between two non-parallel lines, the angle subtended by an arc, or the angle formed by three selected points. In addition, you can control the layer on which the dimension is created.
How do you make a derived sketch in Solidworks?
Deriving Sketches in Parts
- Select the sketch from which you want to derive a new sketch.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the face on which you want to place the new sketch.
- Click Insert > Derived Sketch. …
- Position the derived sketch by dragging and dimensioning it to the selected face. …
- Exit the sketch.
How do you use smart dimension in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…