How do I copy a drawing from one drawing to another in Solidworks?
Click Cut. or Copy. (Standard toolbar), or click Edit > Cut or Copy. Change to the target sheet or drawing document, click where you want to paste the view, and click Paste (Standard toolbar) or click Edit > Paste.
How do I copy from one file to another in Solidworks?
Select the parent file and click Tools > Copy Tree . A dialog box appears to let you specify how the copy is performed. Select whether the files should be copied to a folder or a compressed archive. Click Browse and navigate to the destination folder.
Can you copy and paste solidworks?
Create Drawing View with Copy and Paste
Pick the top of a feature tree for a component and select Edit > Copy. Then go to a drawing and select Edit > Paste. SOLIDWORKS has now inserted, or pasted, a copy of that component in a model view in the drawing.
How do I move details from one sheet to another in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view using “drag and drop,” simply click on, hold and drag the drawing view listed in the feature tree and drop it in your desired location. When dragging it over a new sheet, a yellow arrow appears over the new location, indicating the drawing view is being moved.
How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
Can you copy a sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
To copy and paste a sketch: Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree. Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
Can you copy a sketch into another part in SOLIDWORKS?
You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. The target document must be open. tool (Sketch toolbar), you can specify to copy the relations.
How do I import a sketch into SOLIDWORKS?
To import a drawing into a part document:
- Open the drawing (. dwg or . …
- In the DXF/DWG Import dialog box, select Import to a new part and click Next.
- On the Drawing Layer Mapping tab, edit the sheet name and click Next.
- On the Document Settings tab, select Import this sheet and to a 2D sketch.
- Click Finish.
How do I copy and paste a drawing?
How do I copy and paste my drawing into a new drawing?
- Open the drawing in Design, go to Modes and turn All Layers On.
- Select all geometry by either method: Ctrl + A or Edit > Select All.
- Copy it to the DynaScape clipboard by either method: Ctrl + C or Edit > Copy.
How do you copy a design in SOLIDWORKS?
If you’re working with a single file you can use the options ‘Save as Copy and Continue’ and ‘Save as Copy and Open’ to duplicate files. ‘Save as Copy and Continue’ saves a file with the new name but leaves the old one on screen.
How do you copy an object in SOLIDWORKS?
To copy multiple components:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy.
- Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area. New instances of the components are created.
How do I move details in Solidworks?
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.
How do I move a dimension from one view to another in Solidworks?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view. Use this method to create multiple driving dimensions.
How do you rotate a drawing view in Solidworks?
Rotating a Drawing View Around its Center Point
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar), or right-click the view and select Zoom/Pan/Rotate > Rotate View. …
- Do one of the following: Drag the view to the desired rotation. …
- Set options, then click Apply: …
- Click Close to close the dialog box.