How do I enable Equations in Solidworks?
Right-click the equation and click Enable Equation. The equation reappears in all views where it previously appeared. In Dimension View , you can enable and disable Global Variables and Features, but not Dimensions. Search ‘Disabling and Enabling Equations in All Configurations’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
What are solidworks Equations?
Define dimensions using global variables and mathematical functions, and create mathematical relationships between two or more dimensions in parts and assemblies.
How do you do parametric equations in Solidworks?
On the Sketch toolbar, click the Spline flyout, and then select Equation Driven Curve or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Equation Driven Curve . Under Equation Type, select Explicit or Parametric. 3D sketches support parametric equations only.
How do I edit a formula in Solidworks?
To edit an equation:
- Do one of the following: Click Equations. …
- Select the Equation View .
- Select an equation, global variable or dimension.
- Edit the entry. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I create a custom property in Solidworks?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.
How do you create a variable in Solidworks?
Creating a Global Variable
- In the model, double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box for dimensions displays, showing the name of the dimension and the current value.
- In the second line of the Modify dialog box, enter = (equal sign). …
- Click the Create Global Variable button, or hit Enter, or click. …
How do I make two dimensions the same in Solidworks?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). You must enter the equal sign to assign a global variable to the dimension. If you do not enter the equal sign, you can create a new global variable, but it will not be assigned to the dimension.
How do you make a dimension basic in Solidworks drawing?
To create basic size dimensions:
- In a part, click Basic Size Dimension (MBD Dimension toolbar) or Tools > MBD Dimension > Basic Size Dimension.
- Select entities in the graphics area.
- Place the dimension.
- In the PropertyManager, set options.
- Click .
How do you add equations in SolidWorks assembly?
You can add an equation to a part or assembly using the Equation View, Dimension View, or Ordered View.
Adding an Equation
- Click Equations. (Tools toolbar).
- Click Tools > Equations.
- Right-click the Equations. folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Manage Equations.
What is circle equation?
We know that the general equation for a circle is ( x – h )^2 + ( y – k )^2 = r^2, where ( h, k ) is the center and r is the radius.
How do you write square root in Solidworks?
The SQRT(a) function returns the square root of an expression a.
What are the commonly used tools in Solidworks surface?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).