How do I save my Onshape file to my computer?
Tap the menu icon next to the tab and tap Download. Download copies the file in its current format to your local machine, giving it the same name and file type. You are able to import and download any non-native file type into and out of Onshape.
How do I export from Onshape for free?
Hi @ruedi_aschwanden – yes you can export from the free plan. Either right-click the tab at the bottom and select Export or right-click the part.
How do I save an Onshape file as a PDF?
You can export Onshape drawings to the following file types: PDF.
- Right-click on the Drawing tab.
- Select Export.
- Specify a name for the export file.
- Select the desired export format.
- Select the version and sheets, as appropriate. …
- Choose how to treat overridden dimensions: Show underlines or Hide underlines.
How do I download Onshape file as STL?
To export a Part Studio containing a single part or multiple parts:
- Select the overflow menu in the Part Studio or Assembly tab:
- Tap Export.
- Enter a file name for the export file.
- Specify a format: Parasolid, ACIS, IGES, SOLIDWORKS, Collada, GLTF, OBJ, Rhino, STL. …
- Select an option:
What is a Parasolid file?
Parasolid files are used by the geometric modeling kernel currently owned by Siemens and used in CAD, CAD exchange, CAM, CAE, and product visualization. Licensed and used in over 350+ applications such as NX, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, MasterCAM, Onshape, and others.
Can Onshape open solidworks files?
There are no special workflows required to import Pro/Engineer, Creo, Inventor, SOLIDWORKS, NX, or Solid Edge parts files into Onshape. Simply select the part file when prompted by the Onshape import dialog. Saving a SOLIDWORKS part as a Parasolid (. x_t) file is another way to import it into Onshape.
Can you export a SVG from Onshape?
You can create views of the model (or an assembly) and you can right-click on a drawing view, then there’s an option to make sketches visible as well. Once you have a drawing, you can export the whole thing as SVG, DXF, PDF, and other formats as well.
How do you print Onshape?
Printing a Drawing
- Expand the Document menu. in the top left corner of the interface.
- Select Print… A new tab opens with a print-friendly format of your drawing.
- Use the controls at the bottom of the window to print or save the drawing.
How do I convert a STP file to STL?
Doing so is a very simple process. Open up the file using Onshape, and once inside, select the object, right-click anywhere on the viewport and select “Export”. Once there, simply choose the file format as STL, and now you can convert STEP to STL files, offline, for free!