How do I import a Revit project to another Revit project?
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
How do I transfer information from one Revit file to another?
Insert a Drafting View from Another Project
- Open the target Revit project (that is, the project in which you want to insert the existing drafting view).
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open.
How do I import a project into Revit?
Load the Current Family into a Project
- In the Family Editor, click Create tab Family Editor panel (Load into Project). The family will remain open. …
- If multiple projects are open, the Load into Projects dialog displays. Select the open projects to receive the family, and click OK.
How do I copy a Revit model to another Revit?
Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
How do I merge Revit files?
The Lnked Revit file can be merged into the host file by Binding :
- select the Linked File > Modify > Bind Link – the Linked File becomes a Group inside the host file.
- Ungrouping the entities from the former Linked File become now editable and incorporated into the host file.
How do I copy a project to family in Revit?
Copy between Project and Family
- In the Project, create detail lines that describe the elements you want to copy.
- Make New Family – Generic Profile.
- Copy the detail lines in the Project (Ctrl + C)
- Paste them into the Profile family (Ctrl + V)
- Open / create the other family you want to put those lines into.
How do I use an RVT file in Revit?
Open any 2D view in your model. In this case we will open a sheet view and on the insert tab, click Insert from File and then Insert Views from File. In the dialog, navigate to the file you are using for your 2d detail library. In the Insert Views dialog, you can see the drafting views in the library file.
How do I get Project Browser in Revit?
To open the Project Browser, click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Project Browser, or right-click anywhere in the application window and click Browsers Project Browser.