How do I create a multi-category tag?
Create a Multi-Category Tag with a Shared Parameter
- Click File tab New (Annotation Symbol), select the Multi-Category Tag. …
- Click Create tab Text panel (Label).
- Click in the drawing area. …
- Select one or more parameters in the Category Parameters list, and click (Add parameters to label).
How do you import tags in Revit?
Load a Tag or Symbol Style
- Click Annotate tab Tag panel drop-down Loaded Tags and Symbols. Depending on the project template, some element categories may have default tags and symbols loaded.
- Click Load. …
- Navigate to the location of a tag or symbol family. …
- When you are finished loading tags, click OK.
How do I tag a category in Revit?
Tag by Category
- Click Annotate tab Tag panel (Tag by Category).
- On the Options Bar: To set the orientation of the tag, select Vertical or Horizontal. …
- Highlight the element to tag, and click to place the tag. After the tag is placed, it is in edit mode and can be repositioned.
How do you create a family tag in Revit?
Navigate to the Annotate tab > Tag panel > Tag by Category. Tag the Revit Family with a matching tag (e.g. Generic Model Family = Generic Annotation Tag).
Note: If a TXT file is not loaded, load one by selecting “Yes”.
- Select the desired Shared parameter.
- Click “OK”.
- Then “Add parameter to the label” (green arrow).
How do you load a space tag family in Revit?
Add Space Tags
- Click Analyze tab Spaces & Zones panel Space Tag.
- Click space components in the view. Note: If spaces overlap where you click to place a tag, then only one space is tagged. If a space in the current model and a space in the linked model overlap, then the space in the current model is tagged.
How do I change a tag category in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Tag panel drop-down Loaded Tags. In the Tags dialog, click in the Value column for an element category, and then select a tag name.
Can you tag a model group in Revit?
You can tag Assemblies as well as having the entire Assembly views available for you.
How do tags work in Revit?
A tag is an annotation for identifying elements in a drawing. Every category in the family library has a tag. Some tags automatically load with the default Revit template, while others you need to load. If desired, you can make your own tag in the Family Editor by creating an annotation symbol family.