What is lock rotation in Solidworks?
You can prevent the rotation of components that are mated with concentric mates by selecting the Lock rotation option. Locked concentric mates are indicated by an icon. in the FeatureManager design tree. You cannot lock concentric mates when a referenced component is over-defined.
How do you lock things in place in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you lock two parts together in Solidworks?
Now to lock any part in Solidworks assembly all you have to do is:
- choose the part from the FeatureManager Design tree.
- right click on the name of the part.
- Select Fix ( To fix the part), Float (To make the part move)
How do I turn rotation lock off?
Turn Portrait Orientation Lock Off
- Access the. Control Center. by touching the top-right corner of any screen then dragging downward.
- Tap the. Portrait Orientation Lock icon. to turn off. If you don’t see the Portrait Orientation icon, use the iPad’s Side Switch.
How do I change the direction of Assembly in Solidworks?
Select the top view from view orientation of “Heads-up View Toolbar” or press “ctrl+5” then click Update Standard View button and choose the front view. A pop-up message will show-up to confirm if you want to change the view, click yes. This feature is the easiest way to change the orientation of your part.
How do you rotate a wheel in Solidworks?
Hold down the wheel and move it to rotate. To rotate about a vertex, edge, or face: Wheel-click a vertex, edge, or face; then hold down the wheel and drag.
How do you ground a part in Solidworks assembly?
To define a ground plane:
- In an assembly, click Insert > Reference Geometry > Ground Plane.
- In the PropertyManager, in Ground Plane, select a face in the assembly.
- (Optional.) Click Reverse Direction , or click the handle in the graphics area.
- Click . Ground Plane appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you anchor a part in Solidworks?
To set the anchor points:
- Expand Sheet Format for the sheet in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Right-click one of the anchors, select Set Anchor, then click where you want the anchor point on the sheet. When you set the anchor point from the FeatureManager design tree, you are automatically in Edit Sheet Format mode.
How do you lock an angle in Solidworks?
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. …
- Click the items to dimension.
- Move the pointer. …
- Right-click to lock. …
- Move the pointer around until the dimension is correctly located.
- Click to place the dimension.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .