How do I move a view to another sheet in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Views by Dragging
Drag the drawing view icon and drop it on the target sheet icon (the pointer changes to when it is over the sheet icon). when it is over the sheet icon). Search ‘Copying and Pasting Views’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you move views in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do you move a drawing view?
To move the view freely on the drawing, you must unlock it. Select and right-click the view, and click Lock View Movement. All views in the drawing, including the selected view, are unlocked. If you accidentally move a view, you can press ESC while the move is in progress to snap the view back to its original position.
How do you copy and paste a view in Solidworks?
To cut, copy, or paste a drawing view:
- Select the view either on the sheet or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Cut. or Copy. …
- Change to the target sheet or drawing document, click where you want to paste the view, and click Paste (Standard toolbar) or click Edit > Paste.
How do you move a section view arrow in Solidworks?
When you create a view letter attached to a view arrow, such as an auxiliary view or projected view, you can move the view letter. This is similar to moving the view letter in a section view. To move a view arrow letter: Select the arrow and drag the letter.
How do you move a part in Solidworks?
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do we move a view on the drawing sheet in Inventor?
Right-click the auxiliary view and select Realign auxiliary views. Select a model edge from the parent view, and place a new auxiliary view. Move the preview to the appropriate location, and then click to place the view.
How do you move left and right in Solidworks?
Do one of the following:
- Press Alt + left-click and drag.
- On the main toolbar, click Camera Tools > Rotate , then click and drag.
How do you drag in Solidworks?
- Select a view (the pointer changes to. ) and press Alt while dragging.
- Select the edge of a view (the pointer changes to. ), then drag.
Can you copy and paste a part in Solidworks?
Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch. Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.