How do I import a Mechdat file into ANSYS Workbench?
How to open file with MECHDAT extension?
- Download and install ANSYS Workbench platform. …
- Verify the you have the latest version of ANSYS Workbench platform. …
- Set the default application to open MECHDAT files to ANSYS Workbench platform. …
- Verify that the MECHDAT is not faulty.
How do I open a WBPZ file?
How to open file with WBPZ extension?
- Install ANSYS DesignModeler software. …
- Verify the you have the latest version of ANSYS DesignModeler. …
- Assign ANSYS DesignModeler to WBPZ files. …
- Ensure that the WBPZ file is complete and free of errors.
What file types does ANSYS accept?
ANSYS FLUENT allows you to import the following file formats:
- ABAQUS . inp, . fil, and . odb files.
- Mechanical APDL . inp, . cdb, . rst, . rmg, and . rfl files.
- ANSYS CFX . def and . res files.
- CGNS files.
- EnSight files.
- ANSYS FIDAP Neutral files.
- GAMBIT files.
- HYPERMESH ASCII files.
What is the file extension of the file that you can use to save the ANSYS software project as archive?
choose File> Archive in Ansys project window. In the Save Archive dialog box, navigate to the directory where you want to save the file and select the archive type: Workbench Project Archive (. wbpz) or a Zip (. zip/.
How do I recover ANSYS files?
The easiest way to find these files is to click on View > Files from the Workbench window, then scroll through the list until you find the . mechdb file or files. Then right click on each one and select “Open Containing Folder.” This will open Windows Explorer in the directory in which the file resides.
How do I export ANSYS files?
apr file of your model and results, perform the following steps:
- Click File > Save As > Save Simulation Data.
- The Export Creo Ansys Project dialog box opens. Specify a filename for the archive.
- Click Export to save the archived . apr file.
How do I export mesh from ANSYS Workbench?
Steps to be followed to get the desired result are:
- step 1: open the ANSYS workbench and open the file in ANSYS mechanical.
- step 2: select the solution.
- step 3: select the solution from the ribbon (From topmost menu)
- step 4: select write input files from tools.
- step 5: change save as type to all files.
How do I export ANSYS from Workbench?
Use the Export FE Mesh block.
- Input the Mesh and add the Boundaries in the sets field.
- Update the Path for Mesh Export.
- Select the file type as Ansys Mechanical Input (.cdb)
How do I export ANSYS Workbench project?
OPTION 1: 1) Open Workbench (in its Configuration Perspective) and find the project in question under the Navigator pane. 2) Right click on the project and click on ‘Export’.
How do I open a SolidWorks file in ANSYS Workbench?
Save the file as a step file or IGES in Solidworks and Import from ANSYS Workbench. This should work fine.
All Answers (16)
- Run CAD configuration manager as administrator.
- Select the tab CAD selection,
- Go to SolidWorks : tools, add-ins, and enable Ansys. DONE.
How do I import Catia files into ANSYS Workbench?
You can use the ANSYS GUI or the ~CATIAIN command to initiate the import. 1. Select File> Import> CATIA from the menus. The ANSYS Connection for CATIA dialog box appears, as shown in the figure below.
What are Parasolid files?
Parasolid files are used by the geometric modeling kernel currently owned by Siemens and used in CAD, CAD exchange, CAM, CAE, and product visualization. Licensed and used in over 350+ applications such as NX, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, MasterCAM, Onshape, and others.
How do I open an archive file in Workbench?
To open an archive file, use the File>Restore Archive menu.