How do you open a part in drawing?
You can use the Open tool to browse for and open existing part, assembly, or drawing documents. Filters let you specify the type of document to browse for. To open existing part, assembly, or drawing documents: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open, or press Ctrl+O.
How do I open a part in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
Opening Components from Assembly Documents
- Click or right-click a part and click Open Part .
- Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
How do I view parts in SOLIDWORKS?
Right-click on the blank graphics area and select “Show Hidden Components.” SOLIDWORKS will display any components hidden in the assembly. If you click on the component, it will show it when you exit this state (which can be done by clicking Escape on your keyboard or clicking “Exit Show-Hidden”).
How do I open a drawing in SOLIDWORKS?
Right-click the top item in the FeatureManager design tree or anywhere on the model in the graphics area and select Open Drawing. SOLIDWORKS looks for a drawing with the same name as the model, in the same folder as the model. If the drawing exists, it opens automatically.
How do you make a part in sketch in assembly in SolidWorks?
Creating a Part in an Assembly
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- Enter a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). …
- Construct the part features, using the same techniques you use to build a part on its own.
How do I open the View palette in SolidWorks?
In a drawing with no parts or assemblies open: Select the Task Pane and the View Palette . Click Browse (…) in the View Palette. Browse to a part or assembly, then click Open.
How do I edit a part in SolidWorks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do I open an assembly File?
Open an assembly
- In the main menu, choose File | Open and then select an assembly file.
- Press Ctrl+O and then select an assembly file.
- Click Open. …
- Drag an assembly file (or a selection of files) from Windows Explorer to the Assembly Explorer window.
Why did my part disappear in Solidworks?
All the component/features are listed and can be edited but the graphics area is blank. The problem might be a glitch in the file that reset the bounding box of the model to be outside of the model space. Try resetting your bounding box to see if it restores your model: Hit space to bring up the “View Palette.”
How do I unhide a part in Solidworks?
Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component. If the component is hidden, you can show it again by right-clicking the component in the FeatureManager design tree (not in the drawing view) and selecting Show/Hide > Show Component.
How do you show hidden parts in Solidworks?
To select hidden components to be shown:
- Click Show Hidden Components (Assembly toolbar). The Show Hidden dialog box appears. …
- In the graphics area, select components you want to show. The components you select disappear temporarily.
- In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
Which tool is used to open an existing drawing?
You can open any of these drawing files: Standard drawing files with a . dwg extension. In addition to your own drawing files, you can open and use one of the sample drawings that are included with progeCAD.
How do I open a .slddrw file?
How to open file with SLDDRW extension?
- Get the SolidWorks.
- Update SolidWorks to the latest version.
- Assign SolidWorks to SLDDRW files.
- Ensure that the SLDDRW file is complete and free of errors.