How do you save a solidworks simulation file?
Saving Result Plots
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the active plot icon and select Save As.
- Click Plot Tools > Save As (Simulation CommandManager)
- Right-click in the graphics area, and select Save As.
How do you run a static Simulation in SOLIDWORKS?
To perform static analysis:
- Create a static study. …
- Define material for each solid, shell, and beam. …
- Define restraints. …
- Define external loads.
- For assemblies and multibody parts, use component contact and contact sets to simulate the behavior of the model.
- Mesh the model and run the study. …
- View the results:
Where are SOLIDWORKS simulations saved?
Understanding SOLIDWORKS Simulation data
Whereas the results are stored as a separate CWR file in a user-defined location. By default, these files are saved in the folder of the assembly/part file that you are analyzing.
How do I open a new study in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a study, click New Study (Simulation CommandManager). Define a study by name, analysis type, and properties. The properties of the study set options related to a particular analysis type. Design studies and fatigue studies use the mesh of the associated studies.
What is a Solidworks CWR file?
For SolidWorks Simulation Files, the results are contained in one file with the extension CWR. Other information like study properties, materials, restraints, loads, and contact conditions are saved, in the SolidWorks part or assembly document. Many files are created by the solver during an analysis.
How do I export simulation results in Solidworks?
Once you have run your SOLIDWORKS Simulation study and created all necessary plots, exporting the results is fairly easy. To do this, right-click on the Results folder of the study and select Save All Plots as JPEG Files. This will go through and save all the plots individually in their own JPEG files.
How do I run SOLIDWORKS Simulation in assembly?
How to Use Solidworks Static Simulation in an Assembly
- After the Add-Ins window is open, check the boxes shown below to activate the Simulation and then click OK to apply.
- Once the simulation is active move to the Simulation tab and click on New Study.
- Choose the Static simulation and then click OK (tick).
How do you run a stress simulation in SOLIDWORKS?
To set up stress analysis on one or more components:
- Click Simulation Setup (MotionManager toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select a component on which to perform the stress analysis. …
- Enter the Start Time and End Time for the analysis. …
- Click Add Time. …
- Repeat Steps 3 – 4 to compute stress analysis on other time intervals.
How do I change the simulations folder in Solidworks?
To change the location that you are saving your SOLIDWORKS Simulation files for all future studies, go to your simulation options file by clicking Simulation > Options > Default Options > Results > Results Folder.
What is the name of the tab you use for solidworks simulation?
Clicking a Simulation study tab displays the corresponding Simulation study tree. To view details about a study: Click its Simulation study tab to display its study tree.
Where is command manager in SOLIDWORKS?
Accessing the CommandManager
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.