What is rollback in Solidworks?
You can use the FeatureManager rollback bar or shortcut menu to temporarily roll back to an earlier state, to absorbed features, roll forward, roll to previous, or roll to the end of the FeatureManager design tree. You can add new features or edit existing features while the model is in the rolled-back state.
Can you roll back an assembly in Solidworks?
You can roll back reference geometry, sketches, component patterns, assembly features and in-context features. In general, rolling back assembly items behaves the same as rolling back features in parts.
How do you undo a feature in Solidworks?
Up until SOLIDWORKS 2020, it has been limited to use within sketches only.
- Undo: File Menu: Edit > Undo or Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl + Z.
- Redo: File Menu: Edit > Redo or Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl + Y.
How do I edit an existing part in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do you roll back PDM?
In the Rollback dialog, verify the information and enter a Rollback Comment to display in the file’s history. Click Continue to proceed. Select the checkbox to confirm you understand the file versions will be permanently deleted and that the rollback action cannot be reversed.
How do you roll forward in SOLIDWORKS?
To roll a model forward: Right-click a rolled back feature in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Roll Forward.
How do I turn on the freeze bar in Solidworks?
To turn on the freeze bar, click Tools > Options > System Options > General and select Enable Freeze bar. To freeze features: Move the pointer over the freeze bar.
How do I Undefine a part in Solidworks?
Defeature – To Remove
- In a part or assembly, click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature.
- In the PropertyManager, click Next until the To Remove page appears.
Is there an undo button in Solidworks?
To undo your last action: Click Undo. on the Standard toolbar. Click Edit > Undo.
How do you delete an axis in Solidworks?
To turn the display of axes on or off: Click View > Hide/Show > Axes. Search ‘Turning the Display of Axes On or Off’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you update a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To update an assembly:
- In SOLIDWORKS, open an assembly previously built by CircuitWorks.
- In CircuitWorks, make the component changes or open a new ECAD file containing the changes.
- Click Build Model (Tools toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click Yes to update the open assembly. …
- To update the SOLIDWORKS assembly, do one:
How do I change a part reference in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
How do I edit a step in Solidworks 2020?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.