How do you Rotate a view in Solidworks?
Rotating a Drawing View Around its Center Point
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar), or right-click the view and select Zoom/Pan/Rotate > Rotate View. …
- Do one of the following: Drag the view to the desired rotation. …
- Set options, then click Apply: …
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
How do you Rotate a view in Solidworks 2020?
To rotate a drawing view:
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar).
- Select a view. (You can select a view before or after activating the tool.)
- Rotate the view in one of these ways: Drag the view in the graphics area. …
- Select from these options: …
- Click Apply to update the views.
Can you Rotate a view in Solidworks drawing?
(You can select a view before or after activating the tool.) Rotate the view in one of these ways: Drag the view in the graphics area. The view snaps to 45 degree increments, but you can drop the view at any angle.
How do I rotate a model view in CAD?
one way is to draw a line perpendicular to the part you want to be on top after the rotate then commad UCS>OBject (pick the line you drew) then command PLAN, Enter, Enter. Which part toward the end of the Line you pick determines your rotation so play around.
How do you rotate UCS in model space?
Make sure that the current UCS is parallel to the plane of rotation (the UCS icon should look normal). Click View tab Coordinates panel World. Click View tab Coordinates panel Z. To rotate the view 90 degrees clockwise, enter 90.
How do you drag rotate in Solidworks?
Dragging to Rotate a Component
To rotate a component by dragging: Right-click and drag the component. The component rotates within its degrees of freedom. To prevent this behavior, clear Move components by dragging in Tools > Options > System Options > Assemblies.
How do you rotate a sketch plane in Solidworks?
To rotate a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, do one of the following: Type a value for Rotate to set the rotation value and press Enter. Rotate a sketch in the graphics area with the pointer: Press the right-mouse button. …
- Click Close.