How do I save a Revit file as Central?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
Why do we make a central file in Revit?
Enabling worksharing involves creating a master project model, known as a central model, from an existing model. The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
How does Revit central file work?
The central model is the master project file for a workshared project. The central model stores the current ownership information for all elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes published to the file.
Where does Revit save my local files?
Solution: When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit