How do I open a part in a Solidworks drawing?
In a drawing, to open a model in position, right-click the part or subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area and select Open Assembly In Position or Open Part In Position from the context toolbar.
How do I freely view in Solidworks?
Click Rotate View (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Rotate then drag the pointer . Drag with the middle mouse button. Press the arrow keys.
How do I open a part in a Solidworks assembly?
Click or right-click a part and click Open Part . Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
How do you open a part drawing?
To open an existing drawing of the active part or assembly document: Do one of the following: Click File > Open Drawing. Right-click the top item in the FeatureManager design tree or a blank region in the graphics area and select Open Drawing .
How do I open assembly in Solidworks 2020?
Opening Components from Assembly Documents
- Click or right-click a part and click Open Part .
- Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
How do I change view in Solidworks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do you move view in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
Where is the view toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do I edit parts in SOLIDWORKS?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do I open assembly?
Open an assembly
Press Ctrl+O and then select an assembly file. on the Assembly Explorer toolbar and then select an assembly file. Drag an assembly file (or a selection of files) from Windows Explorer to the Assembly Explorer window.
How do I open the View palette in SOLIDWORKS?
In a drawing with no parts or assemblies open: Select the Task Pane and the View Palette . Click Browse (…) in the View Palette. Browse to a part or assembly, then click Open.