What is hole alignment?
Hole Alignment checks assemblies for misaligned holes. It checks alignment of Hole Wizard holes, simple holes, and cylindrical cut features. Other holes are not checked.
How do you align objects in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
Can you move a hole in Solidworks?
This will prompt the Delete Hole Command, where you can easily patch any hole on your surface. Another undocumented feature in SOLIDWORKS is the Move Face Command, which can be found in the Face Dropdown or the Right Click Menu. Just right click and select move.
How do I align a hole in a Solidworks assembly?
Click Hole Alignment (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Hole Alignment.
- Select items to highlight them in the graphics area.
- Expand items to list the individual holes involved in the misalignment.
- Right-click items and select Zoom to selection.
How do I create a hole in Solidworks assembly?
To create an assembly feature hole:
- Click the planar face approximately where you want to create the hole.
- Click Simple Hole or Hole Wizard (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Hole , then Simple or Wizard.
- Set the options as needed in the Hole PropertyManager or Hole Wizard Type PropertyManager.
How do you align a circle in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Align, and select a tool from the menu. Select a group of annotations, right-click one of the annotations, select Align, and choose one of the options.
How do I center a component in SolidWorks?
In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center . For Entities to Mate, select the edges or faces that you want to center-align. In the PropertyManager, you can optionally: Change the mate alignment by clicking Aligned or Anti-aligned .
How do you move a simple hole in Solidworks?
To create and position a simple hole:
- Select a planar face on which to create the hole.
- Click Simple Hole (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Features > Simple Hole.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options.
- Click OK to create the simple hole.
How do you use the Hole Wizard in Solidworks 2019?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
How do you change the clearance in Solidworks?
- Click Move Component or Rotate Component on the Assembly toolbar.
- In the PropertyManager, select Dynamic Clearance.
- Click in Components for Collision Check. …
- Click Stop at Specified Clearance and enter a value in the box to prevent the selected components from moving within the specified distance.