How do you align and lock in Revit?
Note: Before selecting, move the cursor over the element until the part of the element to align with the reference element is highlighted. Then click it. If you want the selected elements to stay aligned with the reference element (if you later move it), click the padlock to lock the alignment.
How do you align lines in Revit?
Align Model Pattern Lines to Elements
- Click Modify tab Modify panel Align.
- Click the line on the element that you want to align with the model pattern line.
- Place the cursor on the element that has the model pattern. …
- Click to select the shape handle as the alignment reference.
How do you align a drawing in Revit?
Align Views on a Sheet
- Open a sheet view.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Guide Grid).
- In the Assign Guide Grid dialog, select Create new, enter a name, and click OK.
- Click and drag the extent controls to specify the extents of the guide grid.
- (Optional) Drag additional views onto the sheet.
What is the Align tool on Revit?
The Align tool allows you to align, distribute or organize selected elements, annotations, tags and text along the axis you specify. Furthermore, the Arrange feature will automatically neatly place your tags around the current view.
How do you align elements in Revit?
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Align). …
- On the Options Bar, select the desired options: …
- Select the reference element (the element to align other elements to).
- Select one or more elements to align with the reference element.
How do I lock a grid wall in Revit?
In the illustrated example the align tool has been used to align and lock the brick wall to grid line 1. The grid line is selected first, then the wall, then the lock. To remove the constraint, just select the wall and then left-click on the padlock symbol.
How do you lock something in Revit?
Select the elements to be pinned, and then click Modify |
How do you lock a model in Revit?
Open the Revit Server Administrator. In the tree control, select the item, and click (lock). Note: If you use the command-line utility to apply a lock, the lock icon displays after a refresh operation, and information about the model in use displays in the right pane.
How do you change the direction of ceiling tiles in Revit?
Rotate tiles on a floor, ceiling, or other surface to reflect your design intent.
- Place the cursor on the model pattern, and press TAB to highlight a shape handle. …
- Click to select the handle.
- Click Modify |
tab Modify panel Rotate.
- Rotate the pattern.
How do you rearrange views in Revit?
About Organizing Views
- Tile views, and drag tabs from one tile to another.
- Dock tabs in place in the drawing area.
- Drag a tab out of the Revit application window and move the view to another monitor.
- To close all views except for the active view in each tile, click Close Inactive Views .
How do you move views in Revit?
To move the Project Browser, drag the browser’s title bar within the Revit window. As you move the cursor, an outline indicates where the browser will move to, and what its shape will be. Release the mouse button to place the browser in the desired location.