How do you clip a surface?
To clip a surface:
- Ensure that the object to be clipped is the bottom object.
- Select the object to be clipped.
- Select the clipping object.
- Select Modify > Clip Surface.
How do you crop a surface in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Create Ground Data panel Surfaces drop-down Create Cropped Surface . …
- In the Create Cropped Surface dialog box, Crop Information section: …
- Specify the new surface information:
How do you cut a tin surface?
How To: Clip a TIN layer of a polygon feature using the Edit TIN tool in ArcMap
- Click ArcToolbox > 3D Analyst Tools > Functional Surface > Interpolate Shape.
- In the Interpolate Shape window, fill up the required fields.
- Click OK.
What is a data clip?
A USB stick in the shape of a paperclip. It can clip to a stack of documents, business cards or memos for handing data to a colleague or friend, or connect to other DATA clips for storage.
How do you trim a 3D surface in Autocad?
Trim a Surface
- Click Surface tab Create panel Trim. Find.
- Select the surface and press Enter.
- Select the cutting curves and press Enter.
- Select the surface areas to remove and press Enter. The selected areas are remove d.
How do you clip a Civil 3D surface?
In the Prospector tree, expand the Surfaces collection, right-click
How do you cut part of a drawing in AutoCAD?
To Trim an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the cutting edges. …
- Select the objects to trim and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to trim.
How do you mask in AutoCAD?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I trim a block in AutoCAD?
To clip a block, start the XCLIP command by entering it at the command line or selecting Xref from the Modify menu > Clip. Select the block and follow the prompts to create a new boundary that should be used to clip the block. This is how the SUPERHATCH command that is part of Express Tools works.