How do I connect two items in FreeCAD?
- Press the. Part JoinConnect button in the Part toolbar.
- Use the Part → Join → Connect objects entry in the Part menu.
How do you mirror a body in FreeCAD?
- Select the source object from the Mirroring Panel list.
- Select a standard Mirror plane from the dropdown menu.
- Press OK to create the image object.
How do you turn a shape into a mesh in FreeCAD?
To do this:
- Switch to the. Part Workbench.
- Select the mesh, and go to the Part → Create shape from mesh or press the. Part ShapeFromMesh button.
- Click OK in the dialog.
- Select the newly created shape.
- Go to Part → Convert to solid.
- Select the newly created solid.
- Go to Part → Refine shape or press the. Part RefineShape button.
How do I merge bodies in FreeCAD?
- Press the. Part Fuse button in the Part tools toolbar.
- Use the Part → Boolean → Union entry in the Part menu.
How do you align parts in Freecad?
- Select the reference object. …
- Hold down the Ctrl key while you select the object whose placement you want to change.
- Select the Edit → Alignment… …
- A new window will appear in the Main view area. …
- Define the first point pair by clicking a point in each view.
How do I merge points in Freecad?
- Select two or more point clouds.
- Select the Points → Merge point clouds option from the menu.
How do you create a construction line in Freecad?
Toggle construction geometry button or by using the Sketch → Sketcher geometries → Toggle construction geometry entry in the Sketcher menu. This will change the color for creating new geometric elements to blue. Newly created geometric elements will now be created in construction mode.
How do I create a STL file in FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to export shapes as STL file?
- Select a shape that you want to output on Tree View.
- Select [File]-[Export…] from menu bar.
- In [Export file] dialog, select [Mesh formats] from [Save as type]. Export file dialog.
- Enter the name of file to be output to [File name]. …
- Click Save to save the file.
How do I modify a STL in FreeCAD?
Step 1: Open STL file and convert it to solid model
- Open FreeCAD and create a new document by clicking on File > New.
- Click File > Import and select the object you want to modify. …
- Change your workbench to Part.
- Select the imported object in the Model window. …
- Now click on Part > Create shape from mesh.
How do you use Boolean in Freecad?
- Activate the Body which is to receive the Boolean feature. …
- PartDesign Boolean button.
- In Boolean Parameters, click on the Add body button. …
- In the 3D view, select the Body to use in the Boolean feature. …
- Select the type of Boolean operation in the drop down menu (Fuse, Cut or Common)
- Click OK.