How do I convert 3D polyline to surface in Autocad?
You can use the SURFPATCH command to convert a closed 3D polyline to a surface patch (3D surface). The command option _Curves and selection of the boundary control curve will create a patch surface associative to this curve.
How do I change a polyline to a surface in Autocad?
Click Modeling tab > Surface panel > Convert to Surface. Select the objects you want to convert and press Enter. You can convert 2D solids, meshes, regions, planar 3D faces, and polylines, lines, and arcs with thickness.
How do you create a surface model in Civil 3D?
Go to the Prospector tab in Toolspace and right click on Surfaces, select Create Surface. Alternatively, you can type CREATESURFACE at the command line.
How do you convert contours to surface in Civil 3D?
You can add contour data to an existing TIN surface. For best results, add the contour data in a single operation. In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
How do I add a line to a surface in Civil 3D?
To Add Surface TIN Lines
- To perform this operation, ensure that the surface style has triangles visibility enabled. …
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add Line.
- At the command line, you are prompted to select the endpoints for the new TIN line.
How do you make a 3d surface in AutoCAD?
Choose a Surface Creation Method
- Create surfaces from profiles. Create surfaces from profile shapes composed of lines and curves with EXTRUDE, LOFT, PLANESURF, REVOLVE, SURFNETWORK, and SWEEP.
- Create surfaces from other surfaces. …
- Convert objects into procedural surfaces. …
- Convert procedural surfaces into NURBS surfaces.